Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) is a flagship programme of Government of India’s for achievement of Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE) in a time bound manner, as mandated by 86th amendment to the Constitution of India making free and compulsory Education to the Children of 6-14 years age group, a Fundamental Right In Odisha SSA has been implemented in Odisha since 2001 with the following objectives
- All Children of 6-14 years age group in school by 2003.
- All Children to complete 5 years of schooling by 2007.
- All Children to complete 8 years of schooling by 2010.
- Universal retention by 2010.
- Bridge all gender and social category gaps at primary stage by 2007 and at Upper Primary stage by 2010.
- Focus on Elementary Education of satisfactory quality with focus on education for life.
- No. of Education Circle :1 (Puri)
- No. of Block Education Offices : 11.
- No. of Schools : 2566
- No. of Enrolment Class (I-V) : 1,20,142
- No. of Enrollment Class (VI-VIII) : 75,134
- Total Enrollment by Caste (Class I to VIII) : 2,94,071
- Total Enrollment Class (IX-X) : 49227
- Total Enrollment Class (I-X) : 244503
Details of the Section:
Head of the Office
Smt. Saundary Manjari Das, OAS (S)
District Project Coordinator, RTE-SSA, Puri
Contact No: 9437284149
Office: 06752-229275 / 233095
|Pedagogy & Quality Education||Ramesh Ballav Sahoo|
|IE & Media||Kartik Chandra Pradhan|
|Girls Education||Kalama Kanta Rath|
|SC/ST Education||Barada Prasanna Rout|
|Management Information Section||Narayan Chandra Mohanty|
|Civil Works||Er. Biswaranjan Pradhan|